06 July, 2011

Budda's Belly

I have been to Buddha's Belly in Gyeongnidan twice now. They make some pretty good Thai curries. I tend to stick to curries when I go for Thai food, and I am a big green curry fan. I tried the green and red curries on my visits. I really liked the green curry, but I thought the red curry lacked something and was just okay. The vegetables were not exactly what I would call traditional, but I've seen other Thai restaurants use them as well. I especially liked the pumpkin (not the jack-o-lantern kind) in the green curry. Another bonus was finding real kaffir lime leaf pieces in my curry. The fresh (live) leaves have become hard to import in some places recently.
From what I could hear from the kitchen the cooks are Thai, a good sign I guess. Although I have had bad Thai food made by Thai people and some very good Thai food made by some non-Thai people. My only real complaints for Buddha's Belly are that they don't give enough rice and they don't have pork. I'm not really a fan of beef and I get too much chicken in Switzerland.
Directions: Noksapyeong station (line 6) exit 2. Go straight and take the underpass. Go left to get back up and it's right there.

No comments: